To seasonally disconnect your humidifier, perform the following steps:
1. Stop motor by turning humidistat to "OFF".
2. Turn off the water supply.
3. Slide float block off the float arm, loosen orifice nut, and raise float assembly
to top of adjustment slot in cabinet.
4. Lift drum shaft out of support bearing and move drum away from motor to
disengage shaft from motor coupling. Remove drum assembly from humidifier.
Slide retainer clip from drum shaft. Remove shaft from drum shaft. Remove
shaft from drum assembly and pull drum ends apart to remove evaporator
sleeve. The evaporator sleeve may be cleaned and softened in a solution of
1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water or mild detergent and water. Reassemble drum end
with evaporator sleeve. Replace drum shaft and retainer clip. A new
replacement evaporator sleeve is recommended at least once during heating
5. Lift small plastic shield from float orifice. Remove and clean neoprene valve
seat (81-12D). Valve seat may be reversed if it shows wear. Should valve parts
show excessive mineral deposits, disconnect the 1/4" water supply and
remove orifice washer. The complete float assembly may then be removed for
To activate your humidifier for the heating season, perform the following steps:
1. Reassemble humidifier and check water level. Check operation of unit by
turning humidistat to "ON".
2. Cleaning will be required every (2) months. However, in hard water areas more
frequent cleaning may be necessary.
3. Humidity should be controlled so that very little condensation appears on the
inside surface of the windows. This will still permit reasonable relative humidity
except during cold weather as indicated in the following chart, and displays
the maximum relative humidity that can be tolerated if condensation is to be